Re: Float vs. int, was: Re: Unmolested audio

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Florian Faber wrote:
> So, please tell me - how should a 'pro audio chain' look like?

I'm not saying one should never work with floats - I'm sure there's a
very good reason for it, but the chain should still be able to
support "digital wire" capability if desired. You may have want to pass
the audio unmolested, that is, an exact copy, from one digital audio
device to another digital audio device (an archival scenario, if you
will, AD/DA conversions do not apply) and the chain should allow for
it.

Really, how many would accept and use a special case audio file copy
operation that occasionally changes the LSB?

--
Chris