Re: A problem about an audio device with HID interface

Rong-Jhe wrote:
> I have a USB audio device, C-media, that is applying USB audio class v1.0.
> This audio device has an interrupt endpoint within the USB HID interface.
> This interrupt endpoint is used to get status from the audio device, and the
> status is about mixer.
>
> In some audio device, the interrupt endpoint is wihtin the audio control
> interface, so usb audio driver for ALSA can handle it.
> Thus, users can push the buttons on the audio device to control the volume.
>
> In my case, the interrupt endpoint is within the USB HID interface, so it is
> controlled by USB HID interface.
>
> It seems that ALSA driver can not know the device status from HID interface,
> so I can not use the buttons on the audio device to control the volume.
> In windows XP, this function can work.
>
> Is there a solution to solve it?
> Thanks.

I don't understand what a USB HID interface is, but I think the answer
to your question is that if the interface isn't standard, then the
driver has to be customized for that device.  The developers can only do
this if the api is release to them (I suppose they could use reverse
engineering too).  In windows this is probably already built into the
closed source driver by C-Media.

You could ask on the alsa-devel list if this is being worked on or if
the API spec is available from C-Media.