Re: hammerfall digi9636 recording volume

Quoting Florian Faber <faber@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Greg,

>> > The AEB-8 uses line level (+4 dBu or -10 dBV, selectable) for
>> > input. You need a mic preamplifier to make a line level out of your
>> > microphone level, e.g. the QuadMic/OctaMic (if you want to stay
>> > with RME and need a plain microphone preamp).
>> >
>> > You cannot feed a plain microphone signal into a line in.
>> I just found out that you are correct about +4dBu or -10dbV, but that
>> is for hammerfall 9632, mine is a 9636.
>
> If you have the AEB-8, this would also apply to the analog ports of the
> AEB-8.
>
>> In the configuration dialog
>> and manual there is no such option to adjust input levels as far as I
>> can see.
>
> Not for the digital inputs, of course. Wouldn't make much sense.
>
>> this seems to have changed between 9632 and 9636.
>
> They are completely different products. The 9636 is digital only, with
> 2x ADAT IO, 1x SPDIF IO.
>
>> I guess I
>> need to get some more gear to amplify both keyboard, piano and
>> microphone.
>
> If you have the AEB-8, you just need a microphone amplifier. You can
> also use a Mic Preamp with ADAT out, like the OctaMic D or the
> Micstasy.
>
> But this is not very alsa related, so if you have further questions,
> please ask me via email.

Hi flo+list.

for the general interest here is the issue.

the hammerfall aeb8-I has switches on the circuit board. each channel
sensitivity can be set by setting jumpers. there are two jumpers close
to the input jack of each stereo input, eight in total for 8 channels.

I had the vision that the option was in the configuration dialog, but
that is not the case for hammerfall 9636, though it was for 9632.

thank you, have a good day.

greger