Re: hammerfall digi9636 recording volume

Quoting Florian Faber <faber@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Greg,
>
>> I have a hammerfall 9636 card on my linux 64 studio machine. got it
>> working today but have a question regarding recording volume on the
>> card. The thing is that it seems too low. When connecting the
>> microphone directly to the AEB-8 extension board for analog input, I
>> only have vague recording level.
>
> The AEB-8 uses line level (+4 dBu or -10 dBV, selectable) for input. You
> need a mic preamplifier to make a line level out of your microphone
> level, e.g. the QuadMic/OctaMic (if you want to stay with RME and need
> a plain microphone preamp).
>
> You cannot feed a plain microphone signal into a line in.
Hi Flo, +list

Thank you for your answer.
I just found out that you are correct about +4dBu or -10dbV, but that
is for hammerfall 9632, mine is a 9636. In the configuration dialog
and manual there is no such option to adjust input levels as far as I
can see. this seems to have changed between 9632 and 9636. I guess I
need to get some more gear to amplify both keyboard, piano and
microphone.

Thank you,and have a good day
Greg