Re: Spdif clock switching?

Lee Revell wrote:
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Bart de Boer <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi all,

 I got it to work! :D I was telling MythTV to send everything to my digital
output directly. This was wrong. I needed to send everything to my analog
output and let the chip do the work. I'm now playing music at 44.1 kHz and
movies at 48 kHz. :)

I notice you have mplayer configured to use iec958 device and Myth
using the default device which you've defined to be plughw:0.  The
plug layer will resample everything to the rate your hardware reports.
 It will not attempt to set the hardware to the rate of your content.

So Myth outputs 44.1 audio at 48Khz when configured to use the iec958
device but mplayer does the right thing?

Hi Lee,

It seems most video content is encoded with 48 kHz audio. Mplayer will probably play too fast as well if I play 44.1 kHz material through iec958 with it. Or I'd have to setup mplayer to use the analog device as well. But it looks like that trick only works for PCM audio (seems not to work with AC3).

Bart