Re: software mic to speaker echo

Emard wrote:
> HI
>
> I'd like to make a software echo in lowest possible latency
> (what I say to the mic should be heard from the speaker).
> Besides it has to be mixed with VoIP telephony application that
> is used to make the call.

[snip]
> currently I'm using a simplest .asoundrc that I found
> by experimet it provides lowest latency
> (however no echo with this of course)
>
> ctl.!default {
>     type hw
>     card 1
> }
> pcm.!default {
>     type hw
>     card 1
> }
>
> Best regards, Davor

This is a link to the plugins documentation for alsa.  I haven't done
it, but it looks like you should be able to use the copy plugin.  What
you are trying to do should be possible because while recording in
audacity the sound plays through the speakers while it is recording.

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm_plugins.html