Re: No Sound

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Paul Thompson wrote:

> I did a file search of the hard drive for rc.local and nothing was
> found. "whereis" I got

whereis finds executables, locate finds all files ( assuming you ran
updatedb)

> pat@NewMoo:~> whereis rc.local
> rc: /etc/rc.status /etc/rc.d /etc/rc.splash
>
> As an experiment I added "/sbin/modprobe snd_maestro3" to the end of
> inittab, and commented out the second sound line in modprobe.conf, i.e.

No, not in /etc/inittab. Wrong place. It will keep rerunning it ad nausium
or quit.

I suggested putting a line into /etc/modprobe.conf. Did you ever do that?
If you did what did
dmesg|less
say about the attempt to install it?