Re: No Sound

Bill Unruh wrote:
> You notice those instructions? Remove this if sound is configured? REmove
> that line.
> Replace it with
> alias char-major-116 snd
> if you are running alsa

Still not working, tried it once but I didn't know to change "install"
to "alias".
> Because you do not have the key sound module installed.

If, once booted, I run "modeprobe snd_maestro3" everything works. So far
Novell support has not been able to help, there may be no solution.

Sorry to be so dense, I'm retired, pushing 70 and have been working with
computers since the 1950's. But mostly scientific applications, I always
considered the operating system the enemy:-) But I did succeed in
converting the company I'm consulting with to convert to Linux.

pat