Re: recording from /dev/dsp

> > > record -D copy -f cd -t wav outfile.wav
> > >
> > >  ecasound -i:/dev/dsp -o outfile.wav

I found a way around this.  Sort of.  Since the files do get cached by the web browser, even if they don't finish downloading.  I extracted their URLs from about:cache for the disk cache.

about:cache -> Disk cache device -> List Cache Entries
File -> save page as.

grep -i ".mp3" ./saved_as_file.html > tempfile1
grep -o "http://[^<]*\"" ./tempfile1 | sed 's/\"//' > tempfile2
grep -i "studioauditions.com" ./tempfile2 > tempfile3
wget -c -i ./tempfile3

There's probably a simpler way, but this one kept me from having to go to every individual file to redownload them or save as from about:cache.  Anyway it works.  And for some reason the flash player varies the volume level for various samples, which doesn't seem to be noticeable when playing the downloaded .mp3's from mplayer.

Anyway enough rambling I guess.  Couldn't get arecord to work good enough for either of my soundcards(usb_audio && atiixp).  It did sort of work for atiixp, but the resultant wav wasn't anything close to what actually made it through the speakers the first time around.

- James