Re: can't get mic to work on snd-intel8x0

Hi All,

Here's an update in the situation ...

When I do "arecord -d 10 -f S16_LE -r 48000 -c 2 -t wav foobar.wav" and I literally put one of the speaker at full volume in one of my ears I can hear a very vere low volume version of myself.

Here's the Kmix settings currently in use (kmix is what I'm using to control my sound settings but any suggestions are more than welcome):

Output: No problems here as I can listen to music and sounds without problems.

Input: Mic is unmuted (bright green led) and selected for recording (bright red led) with slider all the way to the top. Capture is selected for recording (bright red light) with slider all the way to the top however every time I quit kmix I can see that the slider gets lowered to the minimum so I'm not sure if my changes are being saved. Everything else here is muted and not selected for recording.

Switches: Mic Boost, External Amplifier and Stereo Mic are all enabled (bright yellow led) and the rest is disabled. Sorround Jack Mode=Shared, Mic Select=Mic2, Mono Output Select=Mix, Channel Mode=2ch, Downmix=Off, _REFOUT=High-Z

I feel I'm a bit closer to get this solved and it's the only thing that's stopping me from doing a full migration from windows to linux at home (all right, I'll have to sort out the webcam as well but I asked my wife for some credit here)

Any comments that could help me to boost my mic volume are highly appreciated.

Daniel