High-pitched squeal from audiophile card

I know this is probably hardware-specific rather than ALSA-specific, but
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction here...

I have:
Guitar -> Behringer Xenyx mixer -> M-Audio Audiophile 2496 RCA inputs

When the setup is sitting there, idle and active, there is a very very
high-pitched light squeal coming from the PC speakers.  It's so
high-pitched that only myself and so far two other people I've had
listen can hear it.  However, when I touch my hand to the guitar
strings, the squeal completely disappears.

To me this sounds like a grounding issue, but I'm able to reproduce this
across several different guitars with different pickups & pickup
arrangements.

Any ideas?