Migrating old application using ALSA v0.5.0 to use current ALSA v1.0.15

Good Afternoon,

I am currently working on migrating an old application using an older version of ALSA v0.5.0 to a newer version v1.0.15. I have noticed that many functions have been removed entirely and the library itself has been completely re-structured.

The problem is that I can't seem to find any documentation on the older library (the program also has little to no comments). I was wondering if anyone has any links to documentation or advice on porting ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.