Re: Weird microphone issue

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:58:28 -0800 (PST)
"Tom Enderlin" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Tom Enderlin wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I'm having a heck of time trying to figure this out and could really use
> >> some help.
> >>
> >> Problem is that I'm able to use an old (crappy) labtec microphone, but
> >> the
> >> two different headset microphones I tried, don't pick up a thing.
> >> I've tried the headsets on another computer so I know the headset mics
> >> are
> >> working.
> >
> > Does the labtec have a battery? It sounds like a power issue. An electret
> > mic needs a power source, and it may not be getting the right power.
>

> No, the labtec doesn't have a battery.  But I did find a few other
> unrelated posts about my machine claiming that the power supply it comes
> with (250w) is insufficient.
>
> I've ordered a 300w PS, which is the only other model PS available for the
> box.
>
> Thanks.
> Tom

Power needed for electret microphone has nothing to do with power
in watts produced by you computer's PSU.

The microphone requires milliwatt(s) or less of power, so it's not
that the microphone is the last straw to break the back of your PSU.

Regards,
  Sergei.