Re: Weird microphone issue

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Nothing that could construed as phantom voltage (which is normally 50 volts in
> the broadcast industry) is visible for either the intel_8xx on the
> motherboard, or for the audigy 2 value I use for everything.  I also have an
> sb16 but don't recall it as having such a feature either.
>
> So for my edification, what cards DO support this.  Not a comprehensive list
> of course, but something I might be able to buy at Circuit City.

Many of the USB soundards that have XLR sockets provide phantom power,
usually at 48V.   The spec will normally tell you if phantom power is
available.   I think the both the Edirol and M-Audio XLR equipped boxes
provide phantom, I forget the model numbers though, but the respective
web sites will tell you.   I believe things like the Delta 10+10 (I
forget the exact model number again) will provide phantom on each of its
10 inputs.

jch

jch