Re: ICH7 Family and arecord: hangs

Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

[..]

> (and HDA Intel interrupts doesn't change)

[..]

I probably won't be able to solve your problem, but at least I can help
get useful data that might others enable to solve your problem...

So the card doesn't use MSI, which seems to be a common problem with
intel-hda. Also it does send interrupts which are received by the cpu,
it's just they don't appear while recording.

What is the behaviour if you play sound instead of recording?

BTW if you have (hardware) troubles with interrupts, the kernel option
you'd want to try is actually noapic, not so much noacpi (note the
slightly different spelling). You could also try (only for information)
to boot the host with 1 cpu (e.g. with a non-SMP kernel).