Re: Best supported cards?

>> The M-Audio range look good but only have a coax SPDIF, none of them
>> have optical/toslink. I'm worried about interference on a coax cable
>> back behind the receivers and would prefer an optical cable.
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>>

> Maybe a standalone optical decoupler exists ?
>
> --Sergei.

Not sure; but I'd prefer to keep it on-card if possible.

The M-Audio cards are based on the Envy24HT chipset and are said to be
well supported; can I assume that other cards using this chipset are
well supported too? The Chaintech AV-710 is Envy24PT based and has
digital toslink output. It's also available locally for $30-40.

Tom