Re: "best" card for "bitperfect" SPDIF I/O with external clock sync ?

On 22-11-07 19:44, Paolo Saggese wrote:

> [OT on]
> In fact, unfortunately cdparanoia is not (or perhaps no
> longer) good enough to do "perfect" DAE.

Over the course of ripping 735 CDs now to my harddrive with cdparanoia, I
have found that all's well as long as cdparanoia leaves nothing but spaces
in its output (the command line interface). Every time I went to the trouble
of comparing I've gotten byte-identical rips in those cases. But anything
else, and the next rip will most likely differ even though cdparanoia may
have promised to correct something.

Yes, it's probably dependent on drive. Generally Plextor drives as well.

Problems are most frequent at the end of tracks for some reason. The EOT
exclamation mark is quite often present...

Rene.