Re: maudio revolution 7.1 - ice1724 problems (sampling rate)

On Thursday 15 November 2007 04:45:22 gnittor@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hello,
> What is the best way to use this card, for single application at a time
> operation, without resampling? I am interested in best quality as I want to
> only use this card for music. software mixing is not important (i plan to
> use another soundcard as the default). Sampling rate should depend on the
> audio source.
>
> MAudio Revolution 7.1
> linux 2.6.23-rt1 #1 PREEMPT RT
> alsa 1.0.14
> debian unstable
>
> what i've done so far:
>
> - using it as default seems to work ok in every app (sw mixing ok) but
> plays at 48khz, while 44.1khz audio sounds slower than original

In alsamixer you need to unlock Multi Track Rate Locking.  This will allow the
hardware to set it's bit rate based on the input source.  This is a common
issue with the Revo 5.1 and 7.1 and there was a thread about this about two
weeks ago.