Re: playlist length limit

> You must be more specific, from the sources or with a packages manager?
> If installing from the sources, do you get all the dependencies before the
> configure step? You can see that with the messages from configure.
>
> >  I now get "Nothing to play." error from script
> > and command line.
>
> Again, be more specific. Which script? Which command?
>
> Can you try with "alsaplayer --verbose <some_soundfile>" and copy the output in
> your answer?
>
> > The same for both m3u and Dir. As you guessed I'm using
> > Ubuntu 7.04.
>
> Does loading and playing a file from the interface work?
>
> > Should I try un-installing - re-installing?
>
> You must be sure that all the old alsaplayer versions are des-installed.
>
> Ciao,
> Dominique

Hi Dominique.

Thank you for your time...

I have re-installed Ubuntu 7.04 (non 64bit)

Then

sudo apt-get install libc6-dev g++ gcc

Downloaded alsa-driver-1.0.15
./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

Downloaded alsaplayer-0.99.80
./configure
sudo make
sudo make install

>From Terminal:

$ alsaplayer /usr/local/music/Lounge
Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults.
Nothing to play.

Also tried

$ alsaplayer -o alsa -d "hw:1,0" /usr/local/music/Lounge
Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults.
Nothing to play.

And

$ alsaplayer
Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults.
Nothing to play.

Many thanks