Re: playlist length limit

Dominique Michel <dominique.michel <at> citycable.ch> writes:

> When? At playlist loading or later?
>
> > The same applies to large directories of mp3s...
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Hi,
>
> Which alsaplayer version are you using? The old ones with gtk1 interface have a
> limitation, but with the last ones with the gtk2 interface, I don't know what
> the limitation is if any. It must be system dependant. I try with very huge
> playlist with thousands of songs and it was working fine.
>
> So, please try alsaplayer-0.99.80 and if the problem remain, please complain on
> the alsaplayer-devel list:  http://www.alsaplayer.org/lists.php3
>
> We don't have any users email list (all the involved peoples are here and they
> don't want to be on one more list...), but users questions, complain or bugs
> reports are very welcome on the devel list.
>
> Cheers,
> Dominique

Hi Dominique

Thanks for the reply...
The latest version in Package Manager is 0.99.76-9

The error occurs about half /2/3rds  way through reading the 12hr Playlist.

I have one playlist that is made up from a random selection from 4 Directories.
Each Dir loads and plays OK but the comp'd playlist fails immediately...

I'm just rummaging around for some extra RAM to see if that helps.

Thanks