Problems with Intel HDA (82801G)

Hi,

I've just recently installed Fedora 7 on a brand new laptop with an Intel 82801G sound card. I'm just going to paste everything I've said before on various IRC channels, because I've gone through explaining the problem too many times:

>From #alsa on Freenode (received no replies):
Intel 82801G card, latest ALSA driver, updated kernel to 2.6.23, running Fedora 7. Sound card is detected. Using aplay to play a wav file, I get no sound, but it reports as playing, no errors.

I edited modprobe.conf with options model=3D3stack *and* with options model=3Dlaptop-eapd too. I've used alsaunmute and alsaconf.

Still not one sound.

And last, but not least someone suggested I may need to add my username to a special group because I may not have access to the device, but I tried using aplay as root and still get the same result. Using Fedora 7, by the way.

>From #xmms2 on Freenode:

<aMoRPHeouS> #alsa is useless. Anyone around to help me fix alsa?
<AStorm> aMoRPHeouS: what's the problem?
<aMoRPHeouS> AStorm, not getting any sound
<aMoRPHeouS> pasted this earlier: http://rafb.net/p/EVti9m43.html
<AStorm> aMoRPHeouS: does aplay <somefile.wav> works?
<aMoRPHeouS> AStorm, it reports that it's playing the file, but I hear nothing
<AStorm> mhm
<aMoRPHeouS> I used alsaunmute already
<aMoRPHeouS> so it's not the volume
<AStorm> are the volumes set right? (type amixer and pastebin the output)
<AStorm> hehe
<AStorm> that doesn't have anything to do with ALSA, and all to do with you using libsamplerate plugin
<AStorm> and having broken fftw
<aMoRPHeouS> AStorm, http://rafb.net/p/4CG8Ca39.html
<AStorm> do you have any ~/.asoundrc or /etc/asound.conf?
<aMoRPHeouS> yep
<AStorm> pastebin these
<AStorm> it's funny that you don't have any Master control
<aMoRPHeouS> http://rafb.net/p/Y9deas61.html
<aMoRPHeouS> Master control?
<AStorm> Master volume control
<AStorm> btw, remove that asoundrc
<AStorm> it's completely wrong
<aMoRPHeouS> ok
<aMoRPHeouS> done
<AStorm> now please check :>
<aMoRPHeouS> still nothing
<aMoRPHeouS> [aMoRPHeouS@localhost ~]$ aplay -D hw:0 /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav
<aMoRPHeouS> Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
<aMoRPHeouS> same as before, no sounds though
<AStorm> looks ok
<AStorm> hmm
<AStorm> paste here /proc/asound/cards
<aMoRPHeouS> [aMoRPHeouS@localhost ~]$ cat /proc/asound/cards
<aMoRPHeouS>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
<aMoRPHeouS>                       HDA Intel at 0xd0440000 irq 22
<AStorm> mhm, looks like some weird HDA Intel implementation
<AStorm> probably needs some kernel option
<AStorm> I'd ask on alsa-user mailing list
<aMoRPHeouS> Q.Q
<aMoRPHeouS> I'd need to recompile? >_<
<AStorm> probably no
<AStorm> just pass some option to the kernel or module
* aMoRPHeouS sighs
<aMoRPHeouS> ok, thanks
<aMoRPHeouS> maybe I'm one step closer

Someone please tell me how to fix this. I've been trying for days now.

Thanks for any help in advance.