Re: Problems with Intel HDA (82801G)

> <aMoRPHeouS> [aMoRPHeouS@localhost ~]$ cat /proc/asound/cards
> <aMoRPHeouS>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
> <aMoRPHeouS>                       HDA Intel at 0xd0440000 irq 22

Have you tried:

$ alsamixer -c 0

You may need to press m to mute/unmute and cursor the selection/levels.  Plus tab to get to the capture/all/playback features.  If you're just doing stereo out, or trying to at least, you might want to put it to pcm out, instead IEC### and whatever other options are present.

If you're having to modprobe the modules manually, you may need to restart udev to get the devices setup correctly.  Since you don't seem to be having access issues, that's probably not it.  You could also check your bios for if your sound is disabled/enabled/ or auto.  Also check that the output cable isn't plugged into an input port.  As in line/speaker out, not mic or line in.  Not to say that these are your issues, but when you've got the software setup as good as you can, it's time to verify that the hardware is as it should be.

And of course make sure you're running the latest versions of stuff.  1.0.15 is current.  Which may not be the default for your kernel/distro.  My nVidia hda-intel setup gained some usefull mixer options by upgrading from 1.0.14 to 1.0.15.  alsa-project.org

HTH