Re: emu 0404 usb

Aleksander Kamenik wrote:

> Anyway, how do I set plughw:0,0 to be used as the default sound output
> for all apps?

[[ replying to myself ]]

Almost all apps work with this addtition to alsa.conf. It even resamples
everything to 44100Hz (48kHz are playable!). Here's the diff from
original alsa.conf to the new one:

116c116
< pcm.default cards.pcm.default
---
 > #pcm.default cards.pcm.default
132a133,143
 > pcm.default {
 >         type plug
 >         slave.pcm {
 >                 type hw
 >                 card 0
 >                 device 0
 >                 subdevice 0
 >                 rate 44100
 >         }
 > }

As far as I can tell there are only two problems now.

1. I can't have multiple apps play sound at the same time. How was that
resolved?

2. For some reason flash player in firefox doesn't output any sound,
does it use something else and not "default"?

Regards,

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator