Re: M-Audio Revolution 7.1 microphone level

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 08:30:12 Alex Roitman wrote:
> Hal,
>
> I am thinking of getting myself a Revo, either 5.1 or 7.1.
> Apart from your mic issues, are there any other problems?
> In particular, I saw older postings saying that the
> headphone output was not working. Does it work for you?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

The Revo 7.1 does not have a headphone output so I can't comment on this.

Everything else is more or less working with the exception of output from OSS
emulation not going to the default outputs that I have setup in .asoundrc.  I
suspect this is an alsa configuration issue but at this point I don't know
what is causing this.

And of course the other issue is how difficult it is to understand how the
mixer controls work.  At this point I still have no idea what most of these
do or how to use them to control how the card functions.  This could be fixed
with some documentation perhaps.  But I also suspect that the drivers for
this have been changing and are not yet fully stabilized so it may be
difficult to document how this works since the next version of the driver
could very well invalidate the documentation.