Re: snd-emu20k1

On 8/28/07, Spike <spike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I knew how to reverse engineer audio hardware I would take
> up the task. If ALSA developers were as motivated as the Nouveau team
> is we'd probably see a whole line of creative sound hardware supported
> rather than have a bunch of useless cards.

How do you think the support for the vast majority of creative cards
that *do* work got there?

Seriously, it's extremely rude to insult people who work on this stuff
for free in their spare time.

Good reverse engineers are worth their weight in gold, you should be
thankful that *any* of them devote their time to stuff like this.

Lee