Re: Problems with Sony Vaio VGN-FZ15 (STAC9872AK)

On Thursday 09 August 2007, Micha? Brzozowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the exact same issue with my Vaio VGN-FZ190.  I wonder if it's a
> hardware fault.  Please tell if you've made any progress on this.
>
> I don't have Windows at the moment, and don't feel like installing one,
> so I don't know how it behaves there.  If you have Windows, do the
> headphones work there?
>
> The microphone works ok for me on Linux.
>
> Thanks,
> Michal

Having exactly the same board and the same issue on my Vaio VGN-FZ18M. I guess
this make us a crowd :)

Passing "model=vaio" helps also in my case, but nevertheless the builtin
speaker keep on playing.

Where should one start to try to fix this?

Thanks,

  Francesco