Audigy2: recording level much too low (microphone)

Hallo,

I've got problem with setting the recording level for microphone input to
reasonable level. Currently it's much too low, and this makes Audigy
unusable f.e. for VOIP. I've found, that it's common problem for Audigy
users:  ( http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Emu10k1 )

"Along with the changes to the Audigy's mixer in 1.0.x, it seems that it's
almost impossible to get a decent recording volume for microphone in-- even
with mic capture at 100% and the boost on, it's nowhere near what I was able
to get with 0.9.x-- I suspect this is because of whatever the "Capture"
volume slider controls isn't being set high enough now. Anyone have any
ideas what to do there? (Tried all the various different * capture settings
to no effect)"

Yes, I also made several tries with no desired effect - microphone stays way
to "deaf". I'm using Debian Etch with 2.6.22.1 kernel, newest versions of
ALSA library, utils and drivers (1.0.14).

Perhaps there does exist a way to "hack" emu10k1 driver module to allow higher
recording levels (even with kind of "brute force", the card is currently
unusable for VOIP...)? Perhaps some other way?

P.S. I would to add, that the playback volume as well isn't as high, as it
used to be in the case of Creative's proprietary emu10k1 module. Why the
levels are "cutted"? Is it possible to unblock it?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski