Re: Midi Program Change Messages in Alsa

Hallo,
Jonathan Leonard hat gesagt: // Jonathan Leonard wrote:

> 	Hello, has anyone ever successfully used midi program change
> messages in ALSA?

Yes, I use them all the time, but may differently that you are using
them. Could you describe a bit more where it fails, what kind of
software is involved etc?

To start, here's how I use PGM change with ALSA: I use Pure Data
(www.puredata.info) a lot. It has an object to receive program changes
called "pgmin". I connect Pd's midi in to the input port of my M-Audio
Trigger Finger, which is similar to your X-Session, using ALSA's
sequencer interface. If I send a program change with the Trigger
Finger, I receive this in Pd's "pgmin" object just perfect. No
problems with that.

Ciao