how to capture audio data if ALSA disabled in kernel configuration?

Hello:

our set-top-box is a linux with ALSA system and the sound captured is
from a usb pwc driver(philips webcam).

now for some reason we have to disable alsa in kernel kernel config.
(i.e, can't use alsa anymore). Then how can we capture audio data from
the usb pwc?

i.e can we still insert some alsa module in kernel and use it some way
to capture audio data, or we have to rewrite pwc driver to let it work
without alsa? I have only vague idea. I think I don't need to touch usb
drivers. what are the relationship between pwc driver, alsa driver and
usb driver?

Can you give me some hints on this?

Thanks a lot!
Houxiang