Re: sound from both front and headphones on ALC883 intel hda

not sure, but i had the same issue with mine. i would just adjust the volume settings accordingly (muting the front when i used the jack, and vise versa). but since i started using the ubuntu kernels, it's automatically switching. so i guess it can be fixed...