Problem running on HDAudio

Hello list

I have a problem installing ALSA 1.0.14-rc3... As shown in the INSTALL file
I followed all the instructions, the steps I followed are these:

1. Recompiled my kernel with sound module (soundcore) ONLY and ALSA/OSS
unselected and rebooted

2. Installed alsa-driver 1.0.14rc3 as described in INSTALL

3. Installed alsa-lib 1.0.14rc3 as described in INSTALL

4. Installed alsa-oss 1.0.12

5. Installed alsa-utils 1.0.14rc2

I rebooted the system and all modules were loaded as usually (the ones from
kernel 2.6.20.6) but now the ones I compiled, but when starting X11 no
/dev/dsp is detected and alsamixer says no device was found.

I check /dev and the dsp* and all devices are not there anymore, onle some
files under /dev/snd

I run the 'snddevices' and the /dev/* audio files are created again, but
when I reboot are gone again...

My questions are:

- Why the /dev/* audio devides disappear when I reboot?
- Why the system reports /dev/dsp not available even if it is there (after
snddevices withoit reboot)
- ALSA modules are loaded automatically after kernel boot even the OSS
emulation ones, so, if modules are loaded and appear to be okay in the
'lsmod' why audio does not work?

I should mention that ALSA drivers from kernel work fine, so the driver
should work, my problem is when installing the standalone ALSA drivers to
have the latest version.

What can be wrong?

Thanks for any help