Re: K7VT4APro board (VT8233) - volume doesn't change when using "master" volume

Lee Revell schrieb:
> On 3/16/07, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Anyway - can't it be done with ALSA? Switch PCM with master?
>>
>> kmix can't do it; besides, I would have to do it in every application...
>
> No.  It's a bug for an app to assume that a mixer control "PCM" or
> "Master" or whatever exists.  And, how many mixer apps do you use?
>
> According to Simon, kmix can do it:
>
> "If you using kmix or gamix then you can change the toolbar fader to be the
> headphone master."

All right, it really can be done.

I checked all preferences and settings possible, but never really
right-clicked on kmix icon in tray... You can set it there.

Now I only have to figure out how to switch PCM with master in hotkeys
(app I use for multimedia keyboard). Or find another app.

Thanks for the hints, solution was easier than I thought.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org