Re: Gina24 install problems

> Yeah!
>
> Thanx a lot, Ingo.
> After following your detailed instructions (not suited for the total
> Linux beginner but it was OK for me as I already read a few hours in my
> Linux book)
>
> cat /proc/asound/cards gives me this:
>
> 0 [Gina24         ]: Echo_Gina24 - Gina24
>                       Gina24 rev.0 (DSP56301) at 0xfeae0000 irq 185
>
> So I seem to be closer now. But I still can't e.g. play a mp3 file.
> Xine tells me "Einrichtung aller Audiotreiber fehlgeschlagen" (something
> like configuration of all audio devices failed).
>
> And now? :-)
>

> Best wishes, FRitz

Hi!

Once ALSA with its drivers is installed, the best thing to test if
everything works OK is to use the official ALSA utils form the utils
package. Try:

speaker-test -c2 -Dplughw:0,0 -twav

If you have more than two channels, change -c2 to -c6 for 5.1 output for
example. You can also try to test a .wav file with:

aplay -Dplughw:0,0

Also try -Ddefault or -Dsurround51 if -Dplughw:0,0 doesn't work. If one
of these "devices" (-D) works, your are done with installing ALSA and
have only to worry about how to decode MP3s.

Regards, Ingo