Re: using a removable card as the default?

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Michael Lara wrote:

Hi Ingo and Jean-Michel,

Thank you both for your replies! My system is still stuck in pre-udev
pre-history, so I will have to wait until I can try out the udev rules trick.

What kernel is it running? Pre udev was hotplug which did the same thing.
Ie, you should be able to cobble together a hotplug script which unloads
the old driver of the onboard card when you plug in the usb card, then,
when that is unloaded, load the usb driver as the default and finally (or
not) load the onboard driver. On unplugging, unload both drivers, and then
reload the onboard on as default.

All the best

Michael