Re: Trying to improve my alsa/pulseaudio/mythtv setup

Axel Thimm wrote:

> BTW for an up-to-date FC6 which by now runs on kernel 2.6.19 you will
> need alsa 1.0.14rc2.

I did see you had alsa-driver 1.0.14-57 in atrpms, but was worried to
mix it with core updates, I *am* running 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 are you
saying there is a problem with alsa 1.0.13-1 on this? There is nothing
newer in fedora core updates repo.

A few days ago when the fedora core updates repo bumped alsa-libs to
1.0.13-1 this cured a "crackly" problem I had with DVD playback (and
high frequency tones generated with audacity, though normal mythtv
playback was fine) this problem had only existed a week or so for me,
perhaps since the time I rebooted and left the 2.6.18 kernel behind.

It seems that pulseaudio wouldn't help me in this case, but given that
pulse is in extras could the alsa-plugins package be considered (either
for atrpms or extras) so that other people can more easily get the
pcm_pulse.so alsa plugin? Or is it expected that alsa/pulse integration
might appear in fedora core 7 with the switch to pulseaudio which I
believe we're to expect?

Thanks.

p.s. I do realise the core/extras merge is ongoing.