Re: Is ALSA resampling all my playback to 48KHz?

Aha, I had forgotten about the plug:hw device.  It's not listed in aplay
-Ll.  Now that I've gotten what I asked for, I have another greedy
question.  If 'default' can resample to 48000 hz, how can I make it
resample to 88,100 or 96,000 or some rate significantly higher than the
source material such that degradation and noise is minimized?  Can I do
this somehow with an asound.conf?  I'm trying to find where the defaults
are specified on my distribution (gentoo) and coming up blank.

Digging deeper into the S/PDIF problem, it seems that the driver in alsa
1.0.14 isn't describing the control necessary in /proc/asound.  I can't
find it there or in /etc/asound.state.  I believe I am either mistaken
or this is a regression from earlier versions.

Corey

--

Corey Moncure
moncuca0@xxxxxxxxxxx