Live AC3 encoder plugin

Hello,

i've tried your AC3-live encoder alsa plugin with mplayer. But the
sound "stumbles" alot. My dolby-digital AV-Receiver interrupts playing
every few seconds and mplayer reports the "too low cpu-speed" problem.
But the latter can't be true (DualCore 2,2GHZ AMD64 and CPU is at 5%).

I've tried with the following .asoundrc

pcm.ac3enc {
  type a52
    card 0
    bitrate 448
    channels 2
}
pcm.a52out {
  type plug
    slave.pcm {
      type upmix
        slave.pcm {
          type a52
        }
    }
}

and mplayer cmdline:
mplayer -channels 6 -ao alsa:device=a52out EVENeverFadesLarge.wmv #or
device=ac3enc

I'm also tried different movies (trailer from games, apple and much
more), all produces the same result.

Have someone any suggestions what i can try further?

Mplayer outputs the following error each time, perhaps this has
something todo with it:

[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:572:(snd_pcm_hw_start)
SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: File descriptor in bad state

My soundcard is a SBLive 5.1 with 1.0.13 alsa drivers. PassThru of
already encoded material works fine without any interrupts.

Thanks for help in advance.

--
Markus Schulz