Analog output stopped working after first time playing digital sound in FC6/Audigy

I'm hoping that someone knowledgeable here might be able to help me out with this problem.  I have a SB Audigy sound card (00:0f.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 04)) and I had been using it successfully under FC4 for quite some time.  I have an optical cable connecting  the card to my receiver.  In the past, I had no trouble playing back both analog and digital audio through this interface.  For digital audio (e.g. playing a DVD), I normally used the command "mplayer -ao alsa -ac hwac3 dvd://".  Great, no problems.

A few days ago, I upgraded my box to FC6 (Linux version 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6).  At first, everything was working great.  Analog audio still played fine.  Then, I popped in a DVD with digital audio, and watched it.  No problems there.  However, after that first time playing back digital audio in FC6, now analog audio no longer works.  Everything looks fine as far as I can tell.  No strange error messages. mplayer acts like it's playing everything just fine.  My receiver indicates that it gets a signal from the PC.  There's just no sound.  Digital audio playback still works fine.  I've gone through alsamixer with a fine-toothed comb.  I have "IEC958 Optical Raw" muted.  I have "Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack" unmuted.  As far as I can tell, from a configuration standpoint, and looking at the mixer controls, everything is set up exactly as it was in FC4, when all was well.

Any suggestions as to what I can try, or where I can look for more info to try to track down the cause of the problem?

Thanks.

--Tim