Re: Cheap USB audio card with phantom

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:

I am looking for a cheap two channels USB audio card, with two XLR
entries and preamp. This is for an Internet Podcast. Of course, I need
good Alsa support.

Not sure what you want-- that may be why you get no response. By two
channels in, do you mean a single stereo channel in? What do you mean by
"two xlr entries" or "preamp"? sound cards tend not to be mixer boards, and
especially not cheap mixer boards. Why not buy a cheap usb soundcard (I
like the maudio transit-- under $100-- it has a standard stereo in) and add a preamp if that is really
what you need.

Why do you need XLR connectors and a preamp for Internet Podcast?

I lost hours connecting on Websites to look for information.
Can anyone help me, this would be very nice.

Is there a single fully-supported card answering my needs?

Thank you in advance,
Jean-Michel