Re: Mixer levels storage location?

Sorry in advance for breaking the thread. I subscribed to the digest and can't find a way to properly reply in a thread. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

>Hi,
>
>On Thursday 18 January 2007 01:34, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>> When I reboot my PC, the mixer levels are kept (restored). I know they
>> are not stored in /var/lib//alsa//. Where else could these levels be stored?
>> Using Etch.
>
>They're normally kept in /etc/asound.state. The settings are saved there
>with 'alsactl store' and reloaded with 'alsactl restore', probably somewhere
>in your system's init scripts.

As Nigel said, asound.state is not stored in /etc in Etch. I've disabled saving of mixer levels by init scripts, so asound.state isn't modified anymore, but the mixer levels are still kept. My goal is to have channels mute when I start the PC, so I am looking for where the mixer levels are stored to understand what's wrong.