Re: HELP PLEASE!!!! How do I update to latest development release of ALSA on Suse 10.1? Have issue with 82801G (ICH7 Family) intel HD audio

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, ronan mcallister wrote:

> Hi, I have Suse 10.1 with recent updates -- my YaST HW info shows I
> have the ALSA 1.0.13 (stable) release, and I am having problems with
> this sound card -- when playing back WAV files through ALSAplayer
> (after starting Jack with "jackd -R -dalsa -r44100 -p1024" I get very
> garbled (and loud) audio.

First find out where the problem is. If you can play a wave file in Amarok,
I highly doubt that the problem is with alsa.

Do not start jackd. Instead just do
aplay name_of.wav

do you get the system playing the wave file. If you do alsamixer, where are
the mixer settings for the playback?

In fact amarok uses alsa, so your alsa is fine I believe. There is no
reason to change alsa.
However your setup of jack may be borked. I do not use jack so I cannot
tell.