Re: ALC658: 44.1kHz plays back too fast

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 15:21 +0100, Ingo Müller wrote:
>
>> aplay -Dplug:default <yourfile>
>>

> Should not be needed - the default PCM already does resampling.
>
> Lee

True,"aplay -Ddefault ..." with the previous .asoundrc file correctly
tells my amplifier it's infact outputting 48kHz material and so is
played at correct speed, while "aplay -Dspdif ..." doesn't. When using
spdif plug I get this:

server:~# cat /proc/asound/card0/codec97#0/ac97#0-0
0-0/0: Realtek ALC658D

PCI Subsys Vendor: 0x147b
PCI Subsys Device: 0x1415

Revision         : 0x00
Compat. Class    : 0x00
Subsys. Vendor ID: 0xffff
Subsys. ID       : 0xffff

Capabilities     :
DAC resolution   : 20-bit
ADC resolution   : 18-bit
3D enhancement   : No 3D Stereo Enhancement

Current setup
Mic gain         : +0dB [+0dB]
POP path         : pre 3D
Sim. stereo      : off
3D enhancement   : off
Loudness         : off
Mono output      : MIX
Mic select       : Mic1
ADC/DAC loopback : off
Double rate slots: 10/11
Extended ID      : codec=0 rev=2 LDAC SDAC CDAC DSA=0 SPDIF DRA VRA
Extended status  : SPCV LDAC SDAC CDAC SPDIF=10/11 SPDIF VRA
PCM front DAC    : 48000Hz
PCM Surr DAC     : 48000Hz
PCM LFE DAC      : 48000Hz
PCM ADC          : 22050Hz
SPDIF Control    : Consumer PCM Copyright Category=0x2 Generation=1
Rate=44.1kHz

So thanks, now I have it at least partly working. But, of course I'd
rather have it so that no unnecessary upsampling would be required but
the raw bits sent to the amplifier. In fact, that's the reason I picked
up this motherboard in the first place a couple of years back (see here
if interested:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/18090/focus=18091)

And if my memory  servers me correctly, I think this used to work
previously (ie. outputting 44.1kHz via toslink)  around the time the
afore mentioned mail was written. But I'm not 100 percent certain, since
I've since used another motherboard before swiching back to this one.

So, could this be a regression in alsa or is it infact a regression in
my memory ;)

TIA, juhis