Re: ALC658: 44.1kHz plays back too fast

Hi!

Actually, I would have told you to do more or less the same thing that
the wiki told you. If a sound plays to fast, it is very likely that the
sample rates don't match. The plug plugin should convert the rate.

Which virtual device are you using to play sound at the moment? Let's
say, the default device (without overwriting it with the asoundrc file
below) works, but is too fast. You can test this with:

aplay -Ddefault <yourfile>

To use the plug plugin to convert the rates, try:

aplay -Dplug:default <yourfile>

This always worked for me. I hope it does for you! If it does, the next
step is to create an asoundrc in a way that the default device is a plug
device, so the sample rate is converted for every application using this
device, without the need to reconfigure them.

Greets, Ingo