USB 2.0 Sound?

Hello there,

I am wanting to sort out my laptop sound card situation. The on board
one is awful, and I want to use Hydrogen and Jokosher.

I think I need a USB sound card. Turns out there are some nice USB 2.0
cards that are geared up for musicians.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/browse/category_id/4d6b751b01ee4cd459d7606e8ee784d4

I was eying the E-MU and TASCAM cards - they are reasonably priced, however,
the only information I could turn up on Linux support looked to be bad news.

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=emu
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.planetccrma.general/5805

The E-MU one looks like it may get support. Is there any news on that?

The TASCAM card has an older USB 1.0 version that apparently does work, but this
will likely have latency issues, so I'd rather get a USB 2.0 card.

Any advice or information welcome.

Regards,

Gareth