      channels 2
    }
  bindings {
    0 { slave a channel 0 }
    1 { slave a channel 1 }
  }

Obviously the multi plugin is useless here, but it is a minimal test case
for a problem I had with a real situation.

If I play something through the mixer PCM, I get sound all right. But if I
send it through the multi PCM, I only get silence. Changing "mixer" to
"hw:0" gets the sound back, but loses the mixer.

It is true with libasound 1.0.12 and .13 from Debian on two different
systems.

Does anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

--