Re: Audiophile USB progress

Hold it!  I'm now replying to my own reply.  Sorry for the annoyance.I
used the wrong command.  I should have done:

"aplay -D plughw:1 xxx.wav"   [as Clemens suggested below]

That is, use a "-D", not "-d".

When I use the right command, I actually do get some output, but it comes
in one-second intervals--and only a little at a time.  So the 5 second
test wav file I use lasts over 2 minutes--but at least it is some output!
There is probably another paramater I need to add to the "aplay" command.
Any ideas?