Re: snd-hda-intel and ALC861 ... strange mixer problem...

Bill Unruh wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, steef wrote:
>
>> Antonio-Blasco Bonito wrote:
>>> Listen folks...
>>>
>>> following this advice found here in the thread "Asus P5LD2-SE,
>>> HDA-Intel, ADI1986A 6-channel CODEC"
>>>
>>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/41206
>>>
>>> I got the card working!
>>> And it looks from my /proc/asound/version I'm running alsa 1.0.12rc1
>>> (as
>>> shipped with kernel 2.6.17 under Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft).
>>>
>> great !!
>>
>> please tell us exactly, if you want to do so of course, what you have
>> done to get it going?
>> i put a line in a new textfile/etc/modprobe.d (split) a couple af days
>> ago and my soundcard worked like a charm.
>> after that i loaded slackware_11, installed this distro with a huge2.6
>> kernel installed the source package, kerneldrivers etc. changed
>> modprobe.d on the same way i changed it in debian_sarge and ........lo!
>> i lost my dcop-server: lots of trouble.
>
> Distributions are split on whether to use /etc/modprobe.conf and
> /etc/modprobe.d/
correct.
> And from the reports it is one or the other.
agreed too.
> If you had
> files in /etc/modprobe.d before you put you file in there, then your
> system
> probably used modprobe.d.
slackware 11 has txt_files in /etc/modprobe.d
> But if not, then putting files in there could
> well have short circuited the modprobe.conf.

so i will try and find another *correct*  file (have been using
slackware next to debian a long time without any problem: solid as a rock)
> Different distributions are
> not identical. If they were they would not be different distributions.
yep

thanks for  the modprobe_point

regards,

steef