Re: snd-hda-intel and ALC861 ... strange mixer problem...

Il giorno gio, 09/11/2006 alle 09.55 +0100, steef ha scritto:

> under debian_etch i found this in:
>

> > */lib/modules/2.6.17-2-k7/build/drivers/pci/Kconfig*
>

> #
> # PCI configuration
> #
> config PCI_MSI
>     bool "Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI and MSI-X)"
>     depends on PCI
>     depends on (X86_LOCAL_APIC && X86_IO_APIC) || IA64
>     help
>        This allows device drivers to enable MSI (Message Signaled
>        Interrupts).  Message Signaled Interrupts enable a device to
>        generate an interrupt using an inbound Memory Write on its
>        PCI bus instead of asserting a device IRQ pin.
>
>        Use of PCI MSI interrupts can be disabled at kernel boot time
>        by using the   'pci=nomsi' option.  This disables MSI for the
>        entire system.
>
>        If you don't know what to do here, say N.
>
> config PCI_DEBUG
>     bool "PCI Debugging"
>     depends on PCI && DEBUG_KERNEL
>     help
>       Say Y here if you want the PCI core to produce a bunch of debug
>       messages to the system log.  Select this if you are having a
>       problem with PCI support and want to see more of what is going on.
>
>       When in doubt, say N.
>
> do first something like grep -r /boot/&& just to see if MSI is compiled
> into your kernel.
>
> this should work. please let us/me know if it does indeed.

I have the same problem (I'm running an Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft with its
latest kernel 2.6.17). The option disable_msi=1 is not recognized by the
driver. How can I see which version of it I'm running?

Anyway, Steef, are you suggesting to boot with the pci=nomsi option?

--
Antonio-Blasco Bonito                  blasco.bonito@xxxxxxxxxxx
Wireless Networks Laboratory