Re: Problem with an ice1712 soundcard on recording

Quoting Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xxxxxxxxx>:

> eespjl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Quoting Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xxxxxxxxx>:

>>> maybe add -c2 to record stereo: arecord -r 44100 -f S16_LE -c2 blah.wav
>>> Overe here mono works OK but stereo gives silence.
>>
>> Yes same here.
>
> No updates on this issue?
> The bug report at
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2526 did see no
> activity. This means the ice1712 driver is dead?

  Hi,

  I have resolved my problem but my stereo recording troubles did not
involve the SPDIF. Unfortunately my SPDIF is connected to a yammaha
sound card that is unsupported under linux so I can not test SPDIF.

  My audio inputs are on lines 7/8 of my card.

  I have played around swapping lines.

  I think if I record in mono then it records all lines ?

  If I record in stereo then it uses 1/2. Hence the change from mono to
stereo made my input dissappear.

  I am not sure how to make arecord record my different lines. I have
found and .asoundrc for selecting output but I am not sure about input.

  regards Paul.