Re: ALSA CA0106 regression: no sound with SB Audigy LS and kernel 2.6.18

Gunter Ohrner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With all previous kernels I used (up to 2.6.17.11) this card worked fine.
> With 2.6.18 it stops working, it's still correctly recognized but doesn't
> output any sound, no matter what mixer settings I choose. BTW, the mixer
> settings / available channels differ significantly between these two kernel
> revisions.
>
> Is this aknown problem? I could not find anything on the ALSA or kernel
> mailing lists.

It is probably best that we continue this thread only on the
"alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxx" list.

I am sorry, but your post does not make any sense.
Can you please post the output of:
cat /proc/asound/version
cat /proc/asound/cards

Then, if the ca0106 is card 0, post the output of:
amixer -c0

If the ca0106 is card 1 do:
amixer -c1

Then, to test sound do:

speaker-test -c2 -Dplug:front:0   (for card0)
speaker-test -c2 -Dplug:front:1   (for card1)

Once, I see the output, I should be able to tell you what is wrong.

Cheers

James